Join YSP to celebrate Museums at Night by experiencing the effect of the change of light from day to night in James Turrell’s tranquil Deer Shelter Skyspace at YSP. Through this aperture the visitor is offered a heightened vision of the sky in a place of contemplation and revelation, harnessing the changing light of the Yorkshire sky.
Part of Museums at Night 2014. Enjoy YSP open late. Offers include free parking from 5pm, Restaurant open serving hot food until 20.30 and a special late night shopping event – 10% off from 17.00.
- Please meet at YSP Centre Information Desk. Guests are required to meet at YSP member of staff prior to the event.
- The weather conditions outside will not affect your experience but remember to wear sensible footwear or wellies as there is a short walk through the Park to reach the Skyspace
- Mobility scooters are available (subject to availability and weather conditions). Please book scooters prior to the event on +44 (0)1924 832631
- The Skyspace is gently heated inside but we do advise you wear something warm in case of cold weather
- You are welcome to bring something to sit on for your own comfort and a torch to guide you in the dark if you wish
- YSP monitors sunset times. Guests will be contacted directly if there is a change in the advertised time
- Terms and conditions apply