This summer, SketchCrawl
returns to YSP. Join children’s author, illustrator and Urban Sketcher, Lynne Chapman for a day of sketching across the Park. Be inspired by the beautiful landscape, changing exhibitions and open air collection at YSP.
Drawing will take place outdoors (weather permitting) and you will be sitting on the grass to sketch, basking in the sunshine or enjoying the dappled shade of the trees. There will be an opportunity after the SketchCrawl for the group to share their sketches.
- Please meet at YSP Learning, outside the Information Kiosk
- The event will run 10.00–16.15
- We will visit two locations in the morning and two in the afternoon
- Please bring your own drawing materials and sketchbook
- Please bring something to sit on whilst drawing outside
- Please wear suitable clothing and footwear for walking and drawing outdoors
- SketchCrawl is aimed at adults as it is a non-taught, drawing led event, and does not include child-focused, supported activities. However, it is suitable for children aged 11+ who enjoy self-led drawing. All children must be accompanied by an adult
- The group will be travelling across uneven terrain, we recommend mobility scooters rather than wheelchairs, if needed. Mobility scooters can be booked in advance from YSP