Created by American artist James Turrell, Deer Shelter Skyspace
consists of a large square chamber with an aperture cut into the roof of the Park's 18th-century Deer Shelter. As the sun rises, you'll experience a heightened vision of the sky in a place of contemplation and revelation, harnessing the changing light of the Yorkshire sky. The sunrise is followed by breakfast and fresh coffee in YSP Restaurant.
Please meet at YSP Centre entrance. Guests are required to arrive 15 minutes prior to the event. Latecomers will be admitted at the discretion of the YSP staff.
"From black velvet to powder blue – an amazing experience!"
- Price includes all-day parking (car registeration required) and full English breakfast (vegetarian option available, please state when booking)
- Suitable for over 12s only
- The weather conditions outside will not affect your experience but remember to wear sensible footwear or wellies as there is a short walk through the Park to reach the Skyspace
- Mobility scooters are available (subject to availability). Please book scooters prior to the event on +44 (0)1924 832631
- The Skyspace is gently heated inside but we do advise you wear something warm in case of cold weather
- You are welcome to bring something to sit on for your own comfort, a blanket, and a torch to guide you in the dark if you wish
- YSP monitors sunrise times. Guests will be contacted directly if there is a change in the advertised time
- Terms and conditions apply
- Tickets include 10% discount in YSP Shop and catering outlets when confirmation is shown at the till. Valid for that day only