The Cycle Cinema - An Open Air Film Screening
Tickets are still available to purchase on the door.
Location: Open Air from 20.00
This event is not bookable online, read information below for details.
Join us for an exciting series of participatory, public events to celebrate the world's greatest cycling race which visits Yorkshire this year.
On 9 May YSP and Electric Pedals
will present a spectacular outdoor film screening event in the grounds of the Park, powered by energy supplied through pedal power. All of the electricity for the screening will be produced by a rotating team of volunteer cyclists from the audience, creating a unique experience whilst encouraging people to think about their energy consumption.
YSP will screen The Triplets of Belleville
(French: Les Triplettes de Belleville
) a 2003 animated comedy film. The Triplets of Belleville
tells the story of Madame Souza, an elderly woman who goes on a quest to rescue her grandson Champion, a cyclist who has been kidnapped and made to race on a mechanical stationary cycling machine – just like the YSP audience will need to do to generate the electricity to screen the film in the open air.
Film rated PG 12.
(some material may not be suitable for under 11 year olds)
. Find out more about the film
For your comfort and enjoyment / FAQ:
What if it rains?
What should I wear?
- In the event of wet weather, the screening will still go ahead – please check the forecast in advance and come dressed accordingly. Remember to bring warm (maybe even waterproof!) clothing and a blanket if you wish, as it may get cool towards the end of a screening.
- A decision to cancel the event in advance due to extreme bad weather may occur. Attendees will be notified by email.
What should I bring?
- As this is an open-air event, please dress accordingly.
- No seating is provided. Blankets and mats to sit on, with plastic underneath in case the ground is damp.Chairs are welcome [low ones preferred!] but you may be asked to sit at the side or the back to avoid blocking other people’s view of the screen.
- A torch can be useful
- Warm clothes and blankets.
- Raincoats or windbreakers Note: please do not use umbrellas during the screening as this can block the view of those around you.
- Food and drink will available on site.
Yorkshire Festival 2014
Le Tour Yorkshire